2022 1 oz American Buffalo Gold Coin
Produced by the US Mint, this Gold American Buffalo Coin is 1 oz of 0.9999 fine gold and has a face value of $50. It is very popular among investors and collectors for its beautiful Indian Head design. The coin’s design features the same prominent buffalo from previous years along with a side profile of a Native American male.
NOTE: FREE shipping and insurance on orders over $300.
and the way you pay.
The Gold American Buffalo Coin (1 oz.) produced by the United States Mint in 2006, was the first time the United States Mint minted .9999 fine Gold coins for the public. The coin’s design is based on the 1913 Type 1 Buffalo Nickel which features the same prominent buffalo and side profile of a Native American male. With a face value of $50, the Gold Buffalo coin is minted as one troy ounce of gold, and is a favorite of both collectors and investors.
*Coin(s) received may not be exactly as shown but are equal in value and quality. Year may vary.
- Each coin consists of .9999 pure gold
- Based on the original Indian Head (or Buffalo) Nickel design
- Has a face value of $50 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Obverse: A left-profile image of a Native American man, which was designed by Fraser by combining the facial features of three real-world tribal leaders. An engraving of Liberty and the year of issue are featured on this side.
- Reverse: A depiction of Black Diamond, a resident bison at New York City's Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century. An engraving of United States of America, E Pluribus Unum, In God We Trust, 1 oz .9999 fine gold and value of $50.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is the difference between an ounce and a troy ounce?
A troy ounce dates back to the Middle Ages. It was, and continues to be, used for weighing precious metals. One troy ounce is equal to approximately 31.1035 grams. Our modern day ounce (oz), is a metric commonly used to measure foods and other items, but not precious metals. It is the equivalent of 28.349 grams. A troy ounce is a little heavier, with a gram equivalent of 31.1.
2. What is the difference between a 'round' and a 'coin'?
Gold, silver and platinum "coins" are minted by a sovereign government, have a minimum face value, and are legal tender. Precious metal "rounds" are minted by private mints, have no face value, and generally have a lower premium than coins.
3. What denominations do they make Gold American Buffalos coins in?
Currently American Gold Buffalos are minted as 1oz gold coins only. In 2008, however, a 1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, and a 1/2 oz American Gold Buffalo was minted. These are considered highly collectible today.
2022 1 oz American Buffalo Gold coins are a favorite among the investors and collectors. Add this 2022 1 oz American Buffalo Gold Coin to your cart today.You can always reach out to Sprott Money with questions. Our team is available at 1888-861-0775, and via our email address email@example.com.
Country of ManufactureUnited States
MintUnited States Mint
OriginWest Point Mint, New York, USA
DimensionsDiameter: 32.7 mm
Average Thickness2.95 mm
Legal TenderUS $50
DesignerJames Earle Fraser
ObverseAmerican Indian Head; Liberty; Year
ReverseUSA; American Bison; Moto; Weight; Purity; Metal; Denomination
Packaging20 coins are connected on a mint-sealed sheet. Single coins are cut from the sheet.
How It WorksBuy bullion in 4 easy steps.
It’s the easiest way to make online purchases and to access your order history anytime.
Provide us with your credit card number to secure your price before buying.
Your options include online bill payment, money order, personal cheque and more.
Once you confirm your payment, we'll send you confirmation of the purchase.